JANE STYLE

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Inspiration.

I woke up this morning thinking about how to write about this process I am in with my new project. 

I have been encouraged by various people, that I work with, to pursue bed styling.  I was apprehensive at first and even was looking for a full time job (yuck).  I just wanted some stability.  One thing that came to me is that there is NO stability.  Who knows what will happen next?! 



While working with my friend, Jeffrey Moss, he suggested that the next step for me is to do a test shoot.  I started to talk about it with people.  That is when, while driving to a photo shoot with Michael Bennett that  he and I decided to collaborate.  Now, I have a photographer.  Then at Christmas,  while driving to my sisters, my niece, Julie Elliott, offered her apartment.  Got a location! Funny how all this process is happening in cars.  Then I was talking to one of our Art Directors, Jim Dorsey, telling him about one of my ideas for the space which was very encouraging.  He then suggested that I do two different rooms in one space.


I sketched my two bedroom ideas.



This is how it starts... I have two rooms that I am planning to put together.



One room will be bright and kitchy with a little Indian flare.

  

The other room will be in greys, blues and whites with nature inspired elements

I have been going through magazines tearing out pages for inspiration.  I have bought props and have been drawing up my ideas. My friend, Debbie Sciales, is making me bedding.  I have another friend, Javier Serna, painting one of his beautiful lotus flowers for me. All is slowly coming together.  



These are some other inpirational tears.

 Michael and I went to Julies' apartment on Saturday and looked at the space, discussed our plan and he took photos.  Now we need to pick a date.




Yes, the walls are dark but there is a lot of light.  Bright colors will pop. Whites will be super graphic.
 



























































I still need a few key pieces... like a bedside table, a lamp and other small items...

Right now,  I am in Indianapolis visiting my boyfriend, Brian.  It is icy cold but I am going to drag him out to do some prop shopping.  I hope to find some cool stuff.

Here we go...



























2 comments:

  1. i am so anxious to see all the beautiful things you do jane! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That issue of Elle Decor UK is brilliant! I wanted everything...

    ReplyDelete